Monday, March 31, 2014

Project Run and Play "Spring Break Challenge"

This week's challenge is to design an outfit based on a favorite vacation spot or dream vacation.  My favorite place to visit is the Oregon Coast, so I used that as my inspiration.  Just like at the coast it was a bit windy when we went to do pictures so it was hard to get very good ones with a very wiggly 4 year old.


I made capris since they are perfect for dipping toes in the ocean.  I used the Ottobre Designs pattern 'Row Boat' from 3/2013 in the smallest size, because Eleanor has a tiny waist and I wanted them a bit shorter than pictured.  It might be hard to see, but there are cute little button tabs at the hems.  I just learned that Eleanor doesn't like pants to hide her belly button so they look way longer than what they should.  Silly girl.

For the top, I used Hollywood Cerise from the 3/2012 issue of Ottobre Designs cut to a tunic length.  I bought some super cute wave fabric with paper boats on it last summer that I knew would be perfect.  I didn't want the waves to over power it so I just some red for contrast.  I also did all the stitching in red so it shows some all the details when you see it in person.


I love the buttons going down the back.

7 comments:

  1. I adore those capris and will have to check out that pattern. And your tunic is so well made :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top is very cute. We went nautical this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww that top is adorable! Love the colors you used ;o) I love this weeks Project Run and Play theme! I linked up a beachy outfit! Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top is so sweet. So easy to love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too perfect! I'd love to see you join us this week at the Inspire Us Thursdays! link party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read every one (including those ridiculous spam ones) and love hearing what you think!